Friday, June 19, 2015

Leave Some Room

 I work at a local coffee shop and it's awesome. It's the best job I've ever had and I get to work with my friends and I make pretty good money and get to be creative and be a part of a really great community. To be honest, every one's life is a little (or a lot a bit) crazy at times and none of us are perfect.

But that doesn't mean I can't write a blog post that pokes fun of a few of the less glamorous aspects of my job.

1)Waking up at an ungodly hour is just part of the job. There are absolutely no adverse side-effects as a result of waking up so early.



2) I mean, I work at a coffee shop. If I'm tired I'll just drink more coffee. Yeah, coffee.



3) There is a line out the door and around the corner and the next person in line walks up with their cell phone out and says, " okay, so I'm going to need 8 drinks. For 8 different people. Are you ready?" But they forgot to ask everyone what size, what temperature and with what milk substitute they wanted their coffee to be made. So they text everyone and wait for their replies. 

On the inside I'm all like:

But on the outside I'm a total bad ass: 

We cool, breh.


4) My co-workers and I got that entire confusingly dictated order done perfectly for you. 



5) Getting text messages like this one:


Is totally normal.


6) Shift change during a rush.


7) How I feel/look when I go on lunch break.


8) Mid-Shift.



9) When someone orders a macchiato and you hand them a traditional macchiato when what they really wanted was a large upside down caramel frappuccino with whipped cream on top and it's all your fault that you A) don't even have a blender to do frappuccinos and B) that you can't do your job because you didn't know that a large upside down caramel macchiato frappuccino with whipped cream is what they were asking for when they said "I want a macchiato." At the register. And C) that we aren't Starbucks. 



10)When someone looks at me with this face:


Then proceeds to either asks me out or begins to aggressively flirt with me while I'm working. 


11) When one of the tasks is to clean all the trash cans:


12) When someone who just ordered an iced sugar free hazelnut latte then walks over and picks up and starts drinking the small hot americano that I just prepared for someone else.



13) When someone tells me all the things we are doing wrong as a business and that they don't like our coffee as much as this other one so we need to change to be like that other place etc. while I make them their large soy single shot iced caramel latte with extra vanilla lite ice. 



14) How I feel at the end of a busy shift.


In the end though, it's all good :) 
So hey, come grab a cup of coffee :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment