Sunday, April 13, 2014

It's a BAHT Time.

It has been a while!! 



Well, my only excuse is that, like Charlie in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" said, "I [was] too busy trying to participate." 

But since my last post I have read a lot of books, watched a lot of movies, gone on a few adventures, gotten lost a million times and met a ton of really great and fun people. 

I will explain the title of this blog post briefly for those of you who don't know what the "Thai Baht" is. It is the Thai money! Punned on that son. Check it. 



So, I started taking a few classes so as to make friends! So far I have been successful in that venture! Also I have to wear a uniform to class. I have mixed feelings about that. 

Sometimes I feel like this because I don't have to think about what to wear to school ever..



But then I see how short the pencil skirt is and I'm like...



So when I get home it's




And straight into my exercise clothes or my PJ's.



Now, enough about uniforms!
On to the cultural awesomeness! 

This week is a holiday in Thailand. AKA Songkran Festival! 
It signifies the Thai New Year and it's a water throwing, crazy good time! 

It kinda looks like this.


Also I joined this club called Toastmasters on campus! It is an international club that aims to help people  improve their public speaking skill etc. It is SO fun! If there is a club near you I would TOTALLY check it out.

But public speaking is tough. Especially when you get a topic you have to speak on for one to two minutes right when you get up to the microphone. It goes a little something like this. 

They call my name.



I walk confidently up to the front of the class.


Next, I get my topic.


Then Stall 



Then I briefly formulate my reply in my head..... 


Meanwhile everyone is looking at me like,


Then I begin to speak...


On the outside I'm  like,


But inside I'm all like,


Next, I conclude my speech,


And finally, sit back down and rejoice. 


Now you might be thinking,"This club doesn't sound like fun at all. It actually sounds like Hell."

Well, it's like almost anything in life that is hard. 


Now, if you are anything like me, you like to think that you live life like,

But in reality you kinda remember every embarrassing thing you've ever done right before you are about to go to sleep...


And a Gollum-like internal battle rages inside your head,




Because you think that everyone remembers that thing you did junior year and they are all still like,



But in reality, they probably don't remember a thing.



So,


And tell those thoughts to 


So get out of your comfort zone and do the things you've always wanted to do even if they scare you. Thats why they call it "Adventure." Because it ADDS to your life. 



So no matter what,



Because,


I'm out. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment